Spring is here, and the outdoors are ever so enticing this time of year, but do you and your kids really get outside every day?
What if you could and get your kids to go along with it. Rebecca Cohen Author of Fifteen Minutes Outside: 365 Ways to Get Out of the House and Connect with Your Kids, put her own family to the test and took them outside every day for a whole year.
She wrote a month by month collection of 365 easy and enjoyable ways to connect as a family and explore life outdoors. This book gives you a collection of various activities that give families an idea for every day of the year. No big planning, no wild expertise on something and very little time cash or patience! This book is a great collection for every family no matter where you live. You’ll find hundreds of easy ways to get your family out into nature even for a few minutes everyday.
Transform your family with some of these quick and fun ideas:
• Make a Birdfeeder- Make a bagel bird feeder yourself and hang it on a tree outside within view of where you eat breakfast. No bagel? Use a pinecone instead.
• Make Mud Prints – Give your kids license for what you feel comfortable with: mud shoe prints, mud bike tire prints, mud handprints, no rules? Let your kids loose and have towels ready by the door for muddy shoes and clothes as soon as you are home.
• Ships Ahoy! Sail Juice Box Boats in Puddles – After your kids finish their juice boxes, find a puddle and float them like boats.
• Look for an Aerial Battle – At this time of year, the kids and I tend to notice small birds engaged in battle with a larger bird in the distance overhead. Keep watch on the sky; do you see a turf battle? A hawk hunting for newly hatched baby birds? What can you find?
• Make Your Own Fossil – Take a small box, tape both sides and remove one side of the box. Fill the box with mud and press objects, such as shells, rocks, leaves, or sticks into the mud and bring the boxes inside to dry.
Fifteen Minutes Outside gives you fun and creative ideas so even the busiest of parents will be able to have some fun outdoors with their kids in any season. Games, crafts and activities will give families a simple way to connect with each other.
You can find Fifteen Minutes Outside at various book retailers as well as on Amazon.com.
About the Author
Rebecca P. Cohen is a gardening and outdoor lifestyle expert whose mission is to inspire people to get off the couch and discover how simple it can be to incorporate an active, outdoor lifestyle into a busy schedule. Her work has been featured in Family Circle, Better Homes & Gardens, Backyard Solutions, and Washingtonian magazines, as well as on Rachael Ray’s website, Yum-o!, SheKnows.com, and WorkingMother.com. Rebecca is also a Spokesmom for the National Wildlife Federation’s Be Out There movement. The mother of two small children, Rebecca incorporates the outdoors into every aspect of life, bringing invaluable tips and inspiration into her product lines, television segments, and website, www.rebeccaplants.com.
One lucky reader has the chance to win a copy of Fifteen Minutes Outside: 365 Ways to Get Out of the House and Connect with Your Kids.
Mandatory Entry: Leave me a comment letting me know what one of your families favorite outdoor activities are.
(Please remember to leave a comment for each extra entry done)
~ Follow my blog publicly via Google Friend Connect
~ Subscribe to my blog via RSS reader or Email Subscription (1 extra entry for each)
~ Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway (can be done daily) comment with link.
You can use the following to tweet:
Win the book Fifteen Minutes Outside: 365 Ways to Get Out of the House & Connect with Your Kids from @wrestlingaddict http://bit.ly/i8VySt
~ Post on your blog about the giveaway linking to this post. (10 extra entries)
~ Favorite me on Technorati (leave your username)
~ Follow my blog on Networked Blogs
~ “Like” A Wrestling Addicted Mommy on Facebook and leave a comment on my wall
~ Post my blog button and/or text link on your blog (1 extra entry for each)
~ Post my New Home for a New Year button on your blog
~ Comment on a NON Giveaway post (1 extra entry for each)
~ Share this blog post just leave your username/link and where shared. (1 extra entry for each, this includes facebook, stumble, “likeing” this post, digg etc.)
Giveaway ends April 28, 2011 at 11:59pm ET and is open to those with a U.S. mailing address.
The winner will be chosen randomly. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to notification with shipping info – if no response, another winner will be chosen.
Product Review is only by the opinion of A Wrestling Addicted Mommy, other views and opinions may vary, please see my disclosure policy for more information. Product, information and giveaway items all provided from Sourcebooks.
April 14, 2011 – 5:22 PM - | Posted in Giveaways, Reviews | Comments Off on 365 Ways to Get Out of the House and Connect with Your Kids *Giveaway*