While we’re booking and planning our travel arrangements, making our lists of things to bring with us, and essential information we can’t overlook emergency information that might be needed during our travels. This is a big thing that a lot of families do overlook and don’t think about. Yes, emergencies can happen even when we’re away from home.
Something you may want to have is a small booklet with information such as the following:
– Home Address and Telephone Number
– Emergency Contact – Numbers of people who can be reached in case of an emergency who you are traveling with or are in the same place as yourself.
– Family Emergency Contact – Name and number of next of kin who can be reached in an emergency.
– Doctor’s Office Contact – Name and number of your family physician.
– Other Emergency Contacts – Make a list of anyone else you can think of that you’d like contacted in an emergency.
– Allergies/Medication/Special Conditions
Something you may also want to have on hand either in your wallet or on your list/booklet is your health care/insurance numbers. Another thing to think about is buying travel medical insurance, this is a great thing to have, just in case your current medical doesn’t cover you out of state or country, this is another thing people often don’t think about or think they need, but what happens if there is a medical emergency while you’re traveling? How much will it cost you in the end? Why not pay a small amount upfront just for your piece of mind.
Every family will have a different list as far as information goes but along with having fun, is making sure your family is taken care of while you’re away. Be prepared ahead of time and you’ll enjoy your trip a lot more!
November 29, 2011 – 10:02 AM - | Posted in daily life | 3 Comments »