Did you know that November is National Diabetes Awareness Month?
I’m sure everyone knows someone who is effected by Diabetes, even maybe yourself. Personally Diabetes runs in our family. I’m already diagnosed as pre-diabetic, so is my mother and my father is a type 2 diabetic who just recently found out he’s going to have to start on insulin. Hubby’s side of the family also struggles with the disease. So it’s no wonder that this disease affects 25.8 million children and adults just in the USA.
Because it runs in both of our families, we’re already teaching our children how to eat properly, exercise and how important it is to lead a healthy life. Type 2 diabetes is a preventable disease, and I hope to prevent it in my own family before it’s to late.
It’s not easy to eat healthy and make the best choices, but with will power and determination it can be done, and then when there’s products out there to help us out just a little more, it does make it a little bit easier. Crystal Farms, Better’n Eggs and AllWhites are products that can help you with eating healthier and create more nutritious meals.
Join Bob Greene (Oprah’s personal trainer) on November 16th from 8-10pm EST for the #betterneggs Twitter Party where he’ll share nutrition and fitness tips, you can visit http://t.co/OgNTDUU for more information. Until then be sure to check out his diabetic friendly diet with lots of tips and recipes.
You can also upload the Fit2Fight Twibbon to your Twitter profile for the entire month of November. You can find it at: http://twibbon.com/join/
Also, check out this recipe below, YUMMY!!!
Mini Turkey Meatloaves
A comfort food favorite! This tasty turkey meatloaf recipe has the classic ingredients and brown sugar glaze but ground turkey makes it a healthier choice.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Time-To-Table: 1 hour
Serving Size: 6
• 4 Wasa® whole wheat crispbreads
• 1 package (20 oz.) lean ground turkey
• 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
• 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
• 1/3 cup ketchup
• 1/4 cup (2 oz.) Better’n Eggs®
• 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
• 1 teaspoon ground mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons ketchup
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place crispbread in resealable plastic bag. Using rolling pin, crush crackers into fine crumbs. In large bowl combine all meatloaf ingredients; mix well, using hands if necessary. Form into 6 (4×2 inch) loaves. Place on aluminum foil lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
2. In small bowl combine all glaze ingredients; mix well. Spread glaze over top of each loaf. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until no longer pink.
Calories: 202, Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 61 mg, Sodium: 522 mg, Carbohydrate: 15 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 23 g, Calcium: 42 mg
Post is only by the opinion of A Wrestling Addicted Mommy, other views and opinions may vary, please see my disclosure policy for more information. .
November 12, 2011 – 2:01 PM - | Posted in promotions, recipes | Comments Off on Better’n Eggs Diabetes Awareness #betterneggs