Fall isn’t just about returning to school, pumpkins and Halloween, it’s also about allergies! In fact fall is probably the worst season for myself. My allergies are always in overdrive in the fall, but my kids are affected by it as well. We basically live on a daily dose of allergy medication in this house all season long!
I know we’re not the only family out there trying to have some fall fun during this season, and we’re definitely not the only ones who suffer with allergies. Check out these great back to school allergy tips that may help you and your family cope during the fall season.
Back To School Allergy Tips
1. Be sure to have Children’s Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, on hand!
2. Multi-vitamins are building blocks to having a strong immune system. Make taking a multi-vitamin part of your
child’s daily routine.
3. Let there be light! Mold doesn’t like sunlight, so try to keep your curtains open during the day. Should be easy
during the summer months!
4. Did you know that most pillows trap allergens, dust mites, and bacteria? Monitor the cleanliness of the pillow
your child with allergies sleeps on and replace if necessary.
5. Back to school season means lots of laundry for many moms. Be sure to remove laundry from the washing
machine promptly. Allowing wet clothes to sit in the washer means mold can quickly grow there.
6. Monitor pollen counts and adjust outdoor before and after school activities accordingly. Dry, windy days
can be particularly high in pollen.
7. Showering or bathing at the end of the day as opposed to the morning can be helpful in removing allergens
from body surfaces and hair.
8. Stay hydrated! Always send your child to school with a bottle of water. Drinking lots of clear fluids through the
day can help get rid of toxins and flush out body.
9. Peak pollen production typically occurs in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the
Hopefully some of those tips help you, I know I learned some tips that I’ll have to try, never thought of the showering at the end of the day, every morning we all wake up ICKY because of our allergies.
What are your tips for coping? Have anything special beyond the tips above?
Vote for Play with Children’s Claritin & KaBOOM! www.facebook.com/Claritin
As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.
October 4, 2013 – 5:26 PM - | Posted in health | 2 Comments »