Happy New Year! Well, I hope that you have one. 2015, can you believe it?!?! Like most people, I do tend to make new years resolutions, and am good on them for a while, then mid way through the year I forget about them, but I still do them none the less, maybe these aren’t resolutions so much as things I want to work on and change in 2015….
– Loose weight, again! This is an ongoing battle for me. The only thing I’ve stuck to and worked well on was the John Cena Change Time program I was a part of for 10 weeks. I stuck to it, hardcore, then got sick and got off the wagon, and never hopped back on. It’s not an easy diet by far. No dairy, no sugar, no carbs, no sweeteners. Not easy! However, I did loose weight, I did feel better and it did help with my digestion issues. So starting the new year, I’m hoping back on the diet and exercise routine again, I’ve done it once, I can hop back on and do it again.
– Citizenship! Yes, in January I will be working on getting my US Citizenship done. It’s not cheap, I have to travel to Cleveland, but I’ve been putting it off and this is my final year for my Green Card before it expires, so I need to get it done, and it will be before March!
– Blogging! I’ve slipped a lot this year, and I vow that in 2015 I’m getting back on that wagon too. I miss it, I miss the community and connections and I miss writing. So I’m taking it more seriously in 2015 and will get back to work! I really want to travel more, get to some conferences and work on my social media presence, as well as my in person presence with other bloggers, I have to let go of the insecurities that hide behind the screen.
– Me! Working on me this year. Most days you can find me in the 1st grade classroom all day at school, I may scale that back a bit in 2015, take a few days for me, take a few days for blogging, just to do things I need to do. In 2015 I will also be stepping down as the PTO President at my kids school. My oldest daughter is now in 5th grade, and I’ve been part of the PTO since she was in 1st grade, it’s time to leave and hand on the frustration and fun onto someone else.
– Moving! Yup, as much as I hate to say it, we need to move. We need out of Toledo, we need out of our neighborhood. I hate uprooting the kids from their school and starting all over again, but we need to do it. They need a better environment, I need a better environment and staying in Toledo puts a hamper on any job growth for the hubby!
That’s about all I can think I want to work on or change for 2015, I know there’s some other issues I need to take care of, but baby steps right? What are some things you hope to change or work on for 2015?
From my family to yours….HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
December 31, 2014 – 3:34 PM - | Posted in daily life | No Comments »