The LEGO Animation Book
In the latest LEGO book from No Starch Press, readers learn everything they need to turn their LEGO creations into impressive animated movies.
The LEGO Animation Book is a comprehensive guide to creating stop-motion animation with LEGO. Expert brickfilmers David Pagano and David Pickett share their insight from over twenty years behind the camera and introduce readers to the basics of animation before walking them through the creative process step-by-step.
Readers learn how to:
– Use animation principles like exaggeration, timing and spacing, and overlapping action
– Convey action and emotion with plastic characters
– Add detail and scope to films by building in different scales
– Create special effects like explosions and flying minifigures
– Build camera dollies and rigs out of LEGO bricks
– Light, frame, and capture consistent photos
According to No Starch Press founder Bill Pollock, “This book is for anyone who watched The LEGO Movie and thought ‘I want to do that!’”
Author David Pagano’s motivation for creating the book is to “inspire the next generation of LEGO filmmakers. That’s why we’ve included (almost) all of our secrets.” For David Pickett, nostalgia plays a role: “I wish I had a time machine so I could give this book to myself as a kid and learn to make awesome LEGO animations back then.”
The LEGO Animation Book is available on Amazon.com and in bookstores everywhere.
November 27, 2016 – 11:24 PM - | Posted in books, Gift Guide | No Comments »