One of my favorite types of food is caribbean food. Give me some roti, some curry goat, ox tails, jerk chicken and i’m in heaven! When I was sent the recipe for jerk chicken made by the one and only ziggy marley I had to check it out and of course share. I haven’t made it yet, but ohhhh it’s coming!
Jerk Chicken (serves 6)
– 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
– 2 Scotch bonnet peppers, seeds removed*
– 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
– 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
– 1 teaspoon allspice
– 1 teaspoon nutmeg
– 4 garlic cloves
– 1½ teaspoons thyme, dried
– 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
– ½ cup scallions, chopped
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– 1 lemon, sliced into 4 to 6 pieces
1. Set aside chicken and lemon slices.
2. Using food processor, blend remaining ingredients into a paste.
3. Rub paste all over chicken.
4. Grill chicken over medium or medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked.
5 Serve with lemon slices.
* Caution: These are very hot. For milder rub, also remove pith and ribs.
Nutrients per serving: 388 calories, 39g protein, 2g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 24g fat, 122mg cholesterol, 908mg sodium
March 14, 2017 – 7:24 PM - | Posted in recipes | No Comments »