Now it’s my turn to pick five blogs that I believe should also win this award or their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community.
My nominations are:
- Mommy Daddy Blog : http://mommydaddyblog.com/
- It’s A Woman’s World: http://petulaw.blogspot.com/
- Lisa C Writes: http://www.lisacwrites.com/
- Spoiled Pretty: http://spoiledpretty.blogspot.com/
- The Ramblings Of A Woman: http://www.quiskaeya.com/
Here’s the rules for those that were nominated:
1. Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award (http://arteypico.blogspot.com/)
June 27, 2008 – 11:49 PM - | Posted in blog awards, tags | 5 Comments »
And things tend to get a bit busy and hectic. Between various travels, vacations, and spending time with the girls, I’ve been and will continue to be busy this summer season. I just wanted to pop in here and say I may not be updating the blog as much as I have been in the past, doesn’t mean I’m not going to be around or continue with it, sometimes we all just have other lives and need a break.
I have some new reviews and giveaways coming up, I look forward to posting them when I have a few minutes this week and next. So keep an eye out, subscribe so you can be informed on when they come out.
My latest project will be painting our guest room, we just got some paint, so that project starts today, re-doing, re-painting, pulling up carpet etc etc. Next week my parents will be coming down to spend some time down here with us, and then the week after that, I’m off to Atlanta for a week for a family reunion with my in-laws, and will be celebrating my
30th 25th birthday there as well. Hopefully I’ll be back with something new to show you all as well
So busy times ahead, I won’t forget about the blog, you just won’t see me around and posting too much….
Hope you all have a great 4th of July!!!!
June 25, 2008 – 9:18 AM - | Posted in daily life | 2 Comments »
June 20, 2008 – 11:03 AM - | Posted in Canadian Freebies, daily freebies, free stuff, freebies, UK Freebies, US Freebies | 1 Comment »
Mom’s get so tired of always having to pick up after ourselves and everyone else in the house, let’s face it, cleaning is just not something we like to do. I mean if we were in fact paid to be maids maybe it would be a little better, but we’re not and usually cleaning around our homes is a thankless job.
Well with summertime here, a lot of mom’s have those extra little hands around the house that could be put to some good use. Cleaning isn’t fun, but there’s some little ways we can make it fun so that the kids are not complaining about cleaning. With these great tips they won’t even know they’re cleaning at all.
- Don’t expect kids to use adult tools to clean, instead create supplies that are kid-friendly. Use an ice-cream pail for mopping chores or shorten an old mop handle or broom to make it kid-sized.
- Fill a squirt gun from a solution of a gallon of water and a drop of dish soap. Let kids squirt windows and mirrors and wipe dry with paper towels. Leaves glass clean and streak free!
- Cover kids’ hands and arms with dad’s old athletic socks then squirt the socks until lightly damp with a safe solution of vinegar and water. Send them off to dust around the house.
- Got a pile of blocks or action figures strewn on the floor? Scoop up toys in a few swoops using a kid-sized leaf rake to form a pile for easy pick-up.
- Make cleaning a game; give young kids grill tongs and challenge them to pick up toys and put them in a toy box or bin only using the utensils. Keep score and see who wins!
- Don’t forget the fun music to help your kids get a groove on as they boogie around the house cleaning.
So get those hands to work, have some fun, and get that house as clean as can be!!!
Tips provided by The Maids Home Services
June 20, 2008 – 9:41 AM - | Posted in cleaning tips, fun cleaning for kids, the maids home services | 2 Comments »
Do you know what your score is? No, not in the last game you played, not your score on your new Wii Fit, but what your domain score is.
A new place called Network Solutions has a FREE quiz that can let you know how well your own domain name is helping your business succeed online. All you have to do is take a simple 3 question quiz and you will get your very own domain name scorecard that shows you an analysis of your domain name in the six key areas of domain name success.
The domain name you have is a powerful asset to how your business thrives. Have you done everything you can with your domain name? Does it help you compete online with other businesses? Take a few minutes and answer 3 quick questions to find out.
Although I personally don’t own a business domain, I do own a message board with my own domain. Here are the simple steps to find out what our score is at Mommiesnbabies.com.
First step is to start by entering my primary domain name, then click Get Started. Next step is to figure out if I have any additional extensions of this exact domain name? (e.g., .com, .net, .org, etc.), which I do not. Then it talks about protecting my brand, and asks if I have registered misspellings and common typing mistakes or names that sound like yours that a competitor might register (e.g., someone might mis-type networksolutions.com as networksoltions.com)? Which again, I have not. My last question is about Descriptive Domain Names and asks if I have registered domain names that describe your products, services or locality (e.g., a law firm specializing in family law in New York could register “nyfamilylaw.com” and “custodylaw.com” in addition to the name of their law firm)? Again, this is a NO for me. I can then proceed to my results which will be emailed to me for free.
It’s that quick and simple.
June 19, 2008 – 4:55 PM - | Posted in domain name scorecard, pay per post | Comments Off