Admittedly I’ve been stalking the Fairy Hobmother for weeks, seeing other bloggers have a visit, commenting on their blogs, in hopes that eventually the Fairy Hobmother would make a visit to me.
Weeks passed, and no such luck… That was, until this week, I finally had fairy dust sprinkled over my blog!!!
If you don’t know who the Fairy Hobmother is, first of all where the heck have you been??? The Fairy Hobmother flies around the blogosphere sprinkling magic fairy dust in the form of Amazon gift cards to bloggers. What do we have to do in return? Just show a little love back to him and his fairy overloards at http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk.
How would you like the chance to have this fun little fairy filled with magic visit your blog? All you have to do is leave a comment below and tell The Fairy Hobmother why he should come visit you, and maybe you’ll get a sprinkle of magic next!
Post was sponsored by The Fairy Hobmother, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
April 19, 2013 – 10:00 AM - | Posted in blogging, daily freebies, daily life, freebies, Giveaways | 3 Comments »
WWE will be on the road once again, and this time heading overseas for their Wrestlemania Revenge tour..
Seeing WWE Live is unlike any other sporting event. Even if you’re not a wrestling fan, let me tell you. Your first time at any WWE event, will turn you into one. The excitement, the charisma, the fan interaction, it’s just AMAZING!
Check out these photos of Sheamus with some lucky WWE fans at Smackdown last week:
I’ve even got my own collection of photos of Sheamus with some other “Ginger’s” when he came to our school for the Be A Star Event:
Wouldn’t it be great to get some photos with your favorite WWE Superstar? It IS possible. They’re always out there before their shows greeting fans, taking photos and giving autographs, you just have to be out there early enough, and be patient your turn and time will come.
The Wrestlemania Revenge tour starts in London, UK next week, be sure to find tickets online for WWE live in UK or the other countries they’ll be visiting during their time overseas.
April 19, 2013 – 9:33 AM - | Posted in #WWEMoms, Wrestling, WWE | No Comments »
Today, Friday, April 19th is National Garlic Day!
If you’re like me, you’re always searching for fun, yummy recipes to cook with the family, it can be hard to get the kids to try new foods – but sometimes just using the right ingredients can REALLY make a meal much healthier (and more delicious)!
National Garlic Day marks a day devoted to an ingredient that really packs a punch of flavor, helps the kids keep the vampires away and is scientifically proven to be a heart-healthy superfood. Just one clove can keep the family heart-healthy.
Below, you’ll find some tasty, delicious and completely kid-and-heart-friendly recipes from Chef Anthony Stewart at the Pritikin Longevity Center that include a little of this flavorful “super ingredient” to make dishes amazing! Using favorite staples like chicken, hummus and pasta, adding some garlic (with some healthy guidelines from Chef A and Pritikin) these dishes pack a lot of flavor that everyone in the family will love.
Creamed Spinach Hummus Dip
A rich and creamy variation of a classic hummus dip, this dish combines the spinach the kids “hate” to eat and adds a mix of delicious spices to serve up a fun treat! Snack on this with veggies or whole wheat pita chips or serve with dinner.
· 15 oz. garbanzo beans, cooked and drained
· ¼ cup lemon juice (adjust according to taste)
· 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
· 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
· ½ cup fresh dill, chopped
· 1 cup Creamed Spinach
· 1 dash Tabasco
· 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
· ½ cup chopped celery
· Puree all ingredients in food processor.
· If mixture is too thick, add 1 tablespoon water.
· Serve with raw vegetables or whole wheat pita chips.
Pasta Primavera in Roasted Garlic & Caramelized Onion Sauce
Who doesn’t love pasta? Using spring’s freshest ingredients, try this recipe to add a punch of flavor to a regular dish of pasta during a family dinner night or when cooking for friends.
· 1 cup carrots, julienned (cut into long thin strips)
· 1 cup zucchini, julienned
· 1 cup yellow squash, julienned
· 1 cup sliced domestic mushrooms
· 1 red onion, julienned
· ¼ cup chopped fresh garlic
· 1 cup sliced asparagus
· 1 cup arugula leaves, chiffonade (stack leaves and roll tightly, then cut across with a sharp knife to produce fine ribbons)
· 1/8 cup basil leaves, chiffonaide
· 1/8 cup Italian parsley, chopped
· 2 cups Roasted Garlic & Caramelized Onion Sauce
· Salt-free Italian seasoning, to taste
· Black pepper to taste
· 2 pounds cooked whole-wheat pasta
· In large hot nonstick skillet, sauté carrots, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and onions till slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add garlic. Sauté 30 seconds.
· Add asparagus. Continue sautéing till asparagus is tender. (Time depends on thickness of asparagus.)
· Add arugula, basil, parsley, roasted garlic/onion sauce, salt-free Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Heat.
· When heated, add just-cooked pasta. Toss and serve.
Roasted Garlic & Caramelized Onion Sauce
· 2 large yellow onions, sliced
· 2 cups whole peeled garlic cloves, roasted*
· 1 tablespoon thyme, leaves picked and chopped
· 1 tablespoon rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
· ¼ cup white wine
· 2 lemons, juiced
· 1 chipotle pepper (left whole)
· 1 pint low-sodium vegetable stock
· Place garlic cloves on a nonstick sheet in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes on one side, then 5 minutes on the other, till brown.
· Heat a large nonstick skillet to smoking hot. Add onions, and lower heat to medium.
· Cook onions until brown and sweet. Add roasted garlic, thyme, and rosemary.
· Cook over low heat for 4 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice.
· Continue cooking till mixture is reduced about two-thirds.
· Add chipotle pepper and stock. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
· Remove chipotle pepper. Puree.
A favorite at the Pritikin Longevity Center with both parents AND kids, this extra-crunchy-extra-flavorful chicken can be great on the grill or in the oven and served with veggies or other tasty sides!
· 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
· ¼ teaspoon cayenne
· ¼ teaspoon granulated onion
· ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
· ¼ teaspoon chili powder
· ¼ teaspoon cumin, ground
· ¼ teaspoon coriander, ground
· ¼ teaspoon black peppercorns, ground
· 1 tablespoon paprika
· ½ teaspoon thyme
· Coat chicken in spice.
· In a hot skillet brown chicken with no oil or water.
· When edges brown, flip and cover cook until cooked though.
· Time depends on the thickness of the chicken.
April 19, 2013 – 8:18 AM - | Posted in healthy cooking, healthy ideas, healthy meals for kids, recipes, recipes for kids | No Comments »
I know so many people cannot WAIT to check out The Lone Ranger. Myself, I’m not included in that, probably a movie I won’t see… I’m not in the least bit interested, but I know a lot of my readers are, so for your viewing pleasure, check out the new trailer for The Lone Ranger!
April 19, 2013 – 7:52 AM - | Posted in Movies | No Comments »
April 29th is World Wish Day. Join the WWE in celebrating!!
WWE has always been a huge part of the Make-A-Wish foundation and has been granting wishes for over 25 years, and granting more than 3,500 wishes
On April 29, 1980, Chris Greicius, a 7-year-old boy battling leukemia, donned a policeman’s badge and uniform, and fulfilled his lifelong wish to be a police officer. That special day was an unforgettable experience for Chris, but it was also the start of something even bigger: a remarkable mission to help give hope, strength and joy to children like him. Chris’ wish was the inspiration for Make-A-Wish, which has since granted wishes to more than 280,000 children worldwide who bravely face serious illnesses.
WWE’s John Cena is one of the Make-A-Wish Foundations biggest supporters. He’s granted over 250 wishes himself.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation is a great charitable cause, what’s better tan allowing children to make a wish and see it come true. Truly inspiring! But how can you help?
This year, in honor of World Wish Day, WWE Superstar John Cena will match every frequent flier mile donated in April, up to 4.5 million miles to help make wishes come true and change lives forever. Learn how you can make wishes possible by donating airline miles or dollars.
Learn more about World Wish Day and find out how you can help grant wishes through Make-A-Wish Foundation at wish.org.
Join The #WWEMoms and Make-A-Wish for a World Wish Day Twitter Party!
When: Thursday, April 18, 2013 7 – 8 pm ET
What: World Wish Day Twitter Party with #WWEmoms hashtag
Where: Twitter – follow along on tweet grid!
Why: To celebrate World Wish Day with the Make-A-Wish Foundation
Prizes: a BOSE Bluetooth Speaker, a Michael Kors Wallet, or a Toy Watch!
1. Email WWE@theonlinemom.com subject line: WWEmoms – include your Twitter handle.
2. Spread the word and RT this post to your Twitter Followers
3. Join us on Tweetchat or Tweetgrid (#WWEmoms) this Thursday between 7 and 8pm ET
*You must RSVP in order to be eligible to win prizes*
I have been compensated for this post and participating in the WWEmoms campaign by The Online Mom – all opinions expressed here are my own.
April 17, 2013 – 10:22 AM - | Posted in #WWEMoms, twitter party, WWE | No Comments »